Friday, August 15, 2008

Tent gives out due to snow... time to bring her inside...








Fortunately my brother in law, the factory owner, felt sorry for me as my cheap tent was giving up the ghost after months of rain and wind.  I bought a boat trailer and moved the boat to a factory near Hartford, CT... and for a month, I drove to the factory almost every night to finish the boat.  The factory was an hour and a half away - a true labor of love... but I had to get this boat finished.  I'm impatient by nature, which is boat building's greatest enemy I discovered.  There is no room for impatience in this activity... 

In these pics you'll see the boat after decking and initial painting.  Electrical system was installed, the battery was mounted on the battery platform, the gas tank was ready for the "gas shelf" and my butt was ready for the "ass shelf" - all finished at this stage... I invented all of these mods, as they were not in the plans and after 5 years of running the boat, they proved successful (if I do say so myself ; )...  but that's half the fun of building a boat - you can explore and if it stinks, rip it out and start over.

No comments: