Saturday, July 19, 2008

The beginning... No garage, so a cabinet-maker friend allowed me to put a tent on his property.




Tent erected, blocks leveled, then a work bench using the marine grade plywood was constructed. 

A link to Sam Devlin's webpage which reveals the Snow Goose specs in case you are interested... the link is underneath the picture.  I should also apologize at this point for my bad HTML blogging skills... I find that developing this blog was far harder than building the boat...


Here is another link to a great site -- www.duckboats.net  

The membership focuses on building duckboats, which the Snow Goose is.  There is an excellent summary of building a duckboat by the site's founder Eric Patterson.  The summary inspired me to build a boat and the folks at this site were with me every step of the way.  Thank you duckboats.net !!!

No comments: